Lead Stories

Fact Check: Amtrak Does NOT Offer $1 Card For All US Residents That Lets Them Ride Trains For A Year Without Extra Fees

  • Aug 23, 2023
  • by: Lead Stories Staff

Fact Check: Amtrak Does NOT Offer $1 Card For All US Residents That Lets Them Ride Trains For A Year Without Extra Fees

Does Amtrak have a promotion for a $1 card that allows every U.S. resident to ride their trains with no extra charges for a year? No, that's not true: An Amtrak spokesperson told Lead Stories that the card is a scam offer.

The claim appeared in a post (archived here ) on Facebook on August 16, 2023. The caption of the post read:

🇺🇸Amtrak is running a promotion, where all U.S. residents have the opportunity to receive a card for just $1, which can be used to ride trains without any charges or limits for an entire year 🤩 Click on "Learn More" and answer a few questions to increase your chances of obtaining one ⤵️ This promotion is valid in every state❗️

This is what the post looked like on Facebook at the time of writing:

amtrak $1 card FB post.png

(Source: Facebook screenshot taken on Wed Jul 23 14:54:03 2023 UTC)

There is no such Amtrak card

Lead Stories searched for information on a $1 card sponsored by Amtrak that allows all U.S. residents to take trips for a year without any extra charge. Amtrak's website did not show such a card on its deals , multi-ride and rail passes nor credit cards pages. We also did not find any credible results through Google search : There was mostly information about earning points on an Amtrak credit card for every dollar spent, which is not the same claim the post on Facebook is making.

Lead Stories reached out to Amtrak about the claim. In an email sent to us on August 23, 2023, Beth Toll , senior public relations manager for Amtrak's regional media relations office in Wilmington, Delaware, said:

Yes, this is a scam that was reported a few weeks ago and we are pursuing it with Facebook.

Post does not link to Amtrak's website

The post on Facebook that makes the claim includes a link that supposedly allows viewers to "Learn More" about the $1 card. The link does not lead viewers to an Amtrak webpage: Rather, it is a questionnaire page set up to appear like Amtrak's website. This is obvious when looking at the link's URL, which begins with https://siliconhill.info/ , a blog that appears to offer travel anecdotes and advice.

A screenshot of the webpage that the link leads to is included below:

link to fake amtrak website.png

Lead Stories filled out the questionnaire to find out the end result. When we finished answering the three questions, we were led to a screen offering us three attempts to win an Amtrak gift card. A screenshot of that webpage is below:

giveaway amtrak gift card.png

This suggests that the card "promotion" is actually some sort of gift card giveaway or scheme seeking personal information, not a program actually sponsored by Amtrak.

Other Lead Stories fact checks about Amtrak can be found here .

railroad travel card legit

Lead Stories is a fact checking website that is always looking for the latest false, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate stories, videos or images going viral on the internet. Spotted something? Let us know! .

Lead Stories is a:

  • Verified signatory of the IFCN Code of Principles
  • Facebook Third-Party Fact-Checking Partner
  • Member of the #CoronavirusFacts Alliance
@leadstories

Subscribe to our newsletter

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Lead Stories LLC:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.

Fact Check: '3 Year Old Baby Girl' Named 'Bobbi Renae' Was NOT Found In Various Locations -- It's Social Media Scam To Generate Engagement

Fact Check: '3 Year Old Baby Girl' Named 'Bobbi Renae' Was NOT Found In Various Locations -- It's Social Media Scam To Generate Engagement

Fact Check: NO Evidence 'DoctorTruth Batana Oil' Reverses Hair Loss

Fact Check: NO Evidence 'DoctorTruth Batana Oil' Reverses Hair Loss

Fact Check: Image Of Kamala Harris and Jeffrey Epstein Is NOT Real -- It's Photoshopped

Fact Check: Image Of Kamala Harris and Jeffrey Epstein Is NOT Real -- It's Photoshopped

Fake News: Kamala Harris Is An American Black & She Was In 2nd Integrated Class Of Her School

Fake News: Kamala Harris Is An American Black & She Was In 2nd Integrated Class Of Her School

Fact Check: Bill Gates Did NOT Launch Insect 'Milk' Product Called EntoMilk -- Created By South African Startup

Fact Check: Bill Gates Did NOT Launch Insect 'Milk' Product Called EntoMilk -- Created By South African Startup

Fact Check: Photo Of Father 'Who Identifies As Tooth Fairy' Is NOT Tied To A Real Incident

Fact Check: Photo Of Father 'Who Identifies As Tooth Fairy' Is NOT Tied To A Real Incident

Fact Check: NO Evidence Ultrasonic Wristbands Will 'Liquefy Fat Cells,' Improve Blood Circulation

Fact Check: NO Evidence Ultrasonic Wristbands Will 'Liquefy Fat Cells,' Improve Blood Circulation

Most recent.

Fact Check: Image Does NOT Show Le Pen Having 'Meltdown' After Losing 2024 French Elections -- She Was Crying With Laughter

Fact Check: Image Does NOT Show Le Pen Having 'Meltdown' After Losing 2024 French Elections -- She Was Crying With Laughter

Fact Check: NO Authentic Footage Shows A Tornado Hitting Florida On July 7, 2024 -- No Extreme Weather That Day

Fact Check: NO Authentic Footage Shows A Tornado Hitting Florida On July 7, 2024 -- No Extreme Weather That Day

Fact Check: NO Evidence BBC News Made Meme Of 'Inaudible' Joe Biden Quote

Fact Check: NO Evidence BBC News Made Meme Of 'Inaudible' Joe Biden Quote

Fact Check: Video of Paris Crowd's Algerian Flags Does NOT Show A Celebration Of Leftist Wins In 2024 French Election

Fact Check: Video of Paris Crowd's Algerian Flags Does NOT Show A Celebration Of Leftist Wins In 2024 French Election

Fact Check: Video Does NOT Show Hurricane Beryl In Jamaica On July 3, 2024 -- It's At Least 3 Other Places

Fact Check: Video Does NOT Show Hurricane Beryl In Jamaica On July 3, 2024 -- It's At Least 3 Other Places

Fact Check: Kuhbandner and Reitzner Study Did NOT Prove COVID-19 Vaccines Caused Excess Mortality In Germany -- Other Causes Identified

Fact Check: Kuhbandner and Reitzner Study Did NOT Prove COVID-19 Vaccines Caused Excess Mortality In Germany -- Other Causes Identified

Fact Check: Malta 'Roman Tidal Baths' Photos Do NOT Prove Sea Level Stable For Millennia -- Sharp Rise Seen In Last Twenty Years

Fact Check: Malta 'Roman Tidal Baths' Photos Do NOT Prove Sea Level Stable For Millennia -- Sharp Rise Seen In Last Twenty Years

Share your opinion, lead stories.

RailUK Forums

  • Search forums
  • Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread !
  • Other Forums
  • General Discussion

This is a scam, right?

  • Thread starter Re 4/4
  • Start date 23 Oct 2023
  • 23 Oct 2023

railroad travel card legit

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Merseysider

Established member.

something nefarious for sure. no way they'd throw away their £5k+ season ticket revenue for £1.69. and the emoji they've used there is especially cringey  

pokemonsuper9

pokemonsuper9

Re 4/4 said: Variations on this seem to keep popping up in my social media feeds: View attachment 145288 It sounds way too good to be true, and there's no mention of it on the GWR website that I can find. Is this the latest way to gather our details for propaganda ahead of the next election or something? Click to expand...
You may have seen this on your Facebook timelines. Please be aware that this is NOT a genuine offer and nothing to do with GWR. Click to expand...

Mcr Warrior

Mcr Warrior

Veteran member.

fullfact.org

Great Western Railway is not giving away a free year of travel for £1.69 - Full Fact

fullfact.org

The rail company has confirmed publicly that this is not true, and has warned people to take care when interacting with Facebook pages offering such deals. Click to expand...

www.which.co.uk

Watch out for dodgy Facebook ads offering free train travel for a year - Which? News

www.which.co.uk

Fraudsters are trying to lure victims with the promise of free train travel for a year. These dodgy Facebook ads claim Network Rail is giving away 150 travel cards, and all you need to do to get one is complete a survey and pay a small delivery fee. Click to expand...

TheSmiths82

Why is this still appearing? I reported this to Facebook ages ago. It is about the the law caught up with social media firms who seem to think advertising laws don't apply to them. I haven't seen it for a while though so I had assumed they did put a stop to it. I must live about 150 miles to the nearest GWR stop yet I used to see this advert a lot. I have however used GWR quite a lot.  

D1537

TheSmiths82 said: Why is this still appearing? I reported this to Facebook ages ago. It is about the the law caught up with social media firms who seem to think advertising laws don't apply to them. I haven't seen it for a while though so I had assumed they did put a stop to it. I must live about 150 miles to the nearest GWR stop yet I used to see this advert a lot. I have however used GWR quite a lot. Click to expand...

Railsigns

I've seen this a few times on Facebook and I've reported it each time. A big giveaway is the comments from various "satisfied customers" showing off the free tickets they supposedly obtained using this GWR promotion, for travel on routes not served by GWR. Some even specified that they were only valid on a particular operator's services (not GWR).  

TheSmiths82 said: Why is this still appearing? I reported this to Facebook ages ago. Click to expand...

LUYMun

I've seen scam GWR adverts like that on Facebook before. In fact, there would be comments made by fake accounts praising for the free tickets, with pictures attached. Poorly Photoshopped images of £0.00 tickets displaying non-GWR destinations, that is.  

These are not spam posts though, they are adverts in which people are paying Facebook to display. That is very different from spammers posting this sort of thing in groups which I know also happens.  

thelongestroad

D1537 said: There's very little social media firms can do about repeated spam/scam posts like this except remove them when they're reported. They'll just come back from a different account with slightly different wording, though. I'm an admin for a FB group and I've been removing similar ones to these for probably the last two years. You can catch a lot of them with wording filters, but you'll never get them all. Click to expand...
skyhigh said: It's partly whack-a-mole as there are hundreds of different accounts posting these spam ads with slightly different wording making it hard for automated processes to detect them. I guess AI may help with that issue going forward though. Click to expand...

the GWR logo on the card is quite obviously wrong too. They do say that scammers deliberately include obvious mistakes to weed out those with a bit of savvy.  

Oxfordblues

Fortunately I'm the lucky possessor of a Western Region Status Pass; otherwise I might very well have fallen for this convincing-looking scam.  

Kite159

100% it's a scam. Similar to those adverts featuring various famous people (Martin Lewis) saying "invest in BobCoin and earn thousands overnight". Just hit report & block  

JohnMcL7

thelongestroad said: Well that page has been left "up" by Facebook for months. The post with the link (albeit now timing out) to phish for personal details has been left up too. I'm pretty sure I reported it to FB months ago and the response was it broke no rules. Click to expand...

WHAT WAS CLAIMED​

Our verdict​.

TheSmiths82 said: Why is this still appearing? I reported this to Facebook ages ago. It is about the the law caught up with social media firms who seem to think advertising laws don't apply to them. Click to expand...

dk1

I had this come up on my FB too. It was noticeable how many foreign names were creeping up with messages saying how good a deal it was. Not being xenophobic at all but it does rather give the game away geographically, amongst other things.  

miklcct

On Moderation

A while a ago there was also a similar ad for London Underground Travelcard as well. I entered the information and reached the payment page, then an HTTPS error occurred, which meant it was a scam.  

Doctor Fegg

Doctor Fegg

D1537 said: There's very little social media firms can do about repeated spam/scam posts like this Click to expand...
Doctor Fegg said: There’s lots they could do, such as refusing to accept paid-for adverts containing the trademarked string “Great Western Railway” without manual verification. That they choose not to do this is entirely on them. Let’s remind ourselves of the last time Facebook pleaded “there’s very little we can do”: https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...st-rohingya-meta-owes-reparations-new-report/ Click to expand...
  • 24 Oct 2023
BlueLeanie said: In the old days the Newspapers operated a scheme called the Mail Order Protection Scheme or "MOPS", it basically covered you if you posted off your cheque for a chest spring, daffodil bulbs or sofa covers and the firm didn't deliver. Perhaps Facebook and Co should be legally required to offer the same guarantee for products advertised on their sites? I suspect they'd suddenly be keen to clear out sites that were offering £8000 season tickets for £1.69 if they were going to be forced to stump up for the tickets to purchasers. Click to expand...

LancasterRed

It's a pretty obvious scam. I'm not even sure I could list all the giveaways, there's too many of them. I do agree more needs to be done, it isn't as easy as just removing them from Google or Facebook as they'll keep coming back no matter what. A lawsuit could help if the evidence for who did the scam was concrete. Fortunately the vast majority of these scams are so blatant that it isn't an issue aside from being an annoyance.  

Forum Staff

Shouldn't GWR be undertaking some sort of action against FB?  

riceuten

Feuillesmortes

Gloster said: One way to be sure an offer is genuine is by looking to see whether it has been shared by the company’s official page—this will often have more followers, a verified blue tick on Facebook and a longer post history. Click to expand...
TheSmiths82 said: This is what is needed, but I don't understand why this useless government have not acted. This sort of scam being advertised on Facebook is nothing new. As I said in earlier post many of these are paid for adverts and that to me changes things legally. It is same with Google as well displaying scam websites pretending to be from another company. I am a fan of a small shoe company in Northamptonshire and even they have near identical fake websites where the shoes are half price. They even have a big warning about it on their homepage yet Google seem to be refuse do anything about it. Click to expand...

Yes, facebook, and as far as I can tell there's not even the usual "hide ads from this advertiser" button for this "campaign".  

Choisir votre langue

railroad travel card legit

VIA Rail pass offer is a scam

  • This article is more than one year old.
  • Published on June 20, 2023 at 17:21
  • By Gwen ROLEY , AFP Canada

Copyright © AFP 2017-2024. Any commercial use of this content requires a subscription. Click here to find out more.

"Via Rail is offering a promotion where all Canadian residents can get a card for $1, which can be used to ride trains for free for a year." says the text of a June 14 Facebook post that received over 65,000 views in 24 hours.

Similar posts advertise what appears to be a VIA Rail promotion to ride the system for one Canadian dollar a year. The posts were published by pages with names such as "One year pass for everyone" and "Discounts on train tickets."

However, VIA Rail , a Canadian crown corporation (archived here ) that operates the main intercity passenger rail system across the country, stated that these offers are not legitimate.

railroad travel card legit

"We confirm that VIA Rail is not offering a discount card of this nature and that this is not a VIA Rail initiative," the company told AFP in a June 16 email. "There are currently several active social media scams offering gift cards or free travel with VIA Rail in exchange for answering a survey and/or paying a small fee."

On April 4, VIA Rail published a warning on Facebook (archived here ), alerting customers to the presence of scams and ways to spot illegitimate offers.

railroad travel card legit

"VIA Rail promotional offers will only be advertised on our official channels or would link to our official accounts directly in the post," the company said.

The rail operator, which offers some discount programs but has no annual passes at this time, said it was working with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to remove the fraudulent ads and invited users to report any scams.

Fraudulent elements

The pages advertising these false promotions lead to blogs about travel or Canadian tourism , but none lead to the VIA Rail website, which would be what would indicate a legitimate offer.

VIA Rail said the links attached to the ads on Facebook often led users to surveys that asked them to give personal information or pay a fee.

The Facebook pages posting the ads are not affiliated with VIA Rail and were all recently created, with a post advertising the fraudulent offer being published to the page on the same day it was created.

Some of the pages also included content that could appear to be VIA Rail marketing material, but these still do not lead to the official VIA Rail website.

AFP has debunked other false promotion scams targeting Canadians purporting to involve oil investments and artificial intelligence stock trading .

Read more of AFP's reporting on misinformation in Canada here .

Is there content that you would like AFP to fact-check? Get in touch.

railroad travel card legit

railroad travel card legit

railroad travel card legit

railroad travel card legit

Digital courses

FinanceBuzz

Trending Stories

railroad travel card legit

15 Legit Ways to Make Extra Cash

railroad travel card legit

6 Smart Strategies to Save Money on Car Insurance

The best credit card for amtrak: ride the rails to rewards in 2024.

Christy Rakoczy

This article was subjected to a comprehensive fact-checking process. Our professional fact-checkers verify article information against primary sources, reputable publishers, and experts in the field.

Best Credit Card for Amtrak

We receive compensation from the products and services mentioned in this story, but the opinions are the author's own. Compensation may impact where offers appear. We have not included all available products or offers. Learn more about how we make money and our editorial policies .

Amtrak spans 46 states plus Washington D.C., has an estimated 21,000 miles of routes, and operates more than 300 different trains each day. Because you can take Amtrak to get to more than 500 different destinations across the U.S. — and even a few in Canada — it should come as no surprise that traveling on Amtrak is a popular transportation option.

Whether you take Amtrak to work on a daily basis or are taking it for the first time for a fun trip, it's important to consider what the best credit card for Amtrak is. Cards like the Bank of America ® Travel Rewards credit card card can help you earn miles that you can use for future travel on Amtrak or elsewhere.

By choosing a card that provides extra credit card points and miles or special perks for Amtrak trips, you can get rewarded for the spending you're doing as you enjoy a pleasant, safe, and energy-efficient journey.

Key Takeaways

The 5 best cards for amtrak, the 2 best business credit cards for amtrak, how to choose the best credit card for amtrak, methodology, bottom line on the best credit card for amtrak.

  • If you want a well-rounded travel card, the Bank of America ® Travel Rewards credit card or the Chase Sapphire Preferred ® Card are good choices.
  • Amtrak offers two cards. The Amtrak Guest Rewards ® Preferred Mastercard ® offers significantly more benefits for a relatively low annual fee of $99.

Bank of America ® Travel Rewards credit card

The Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card offers a $0 annual fee. Where it really stands out, though, is with its simple rewards structure: 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases.

With the Travel Rewards card, you can earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.

The advantage of the Travel Rewards card is that you don’t have to worry about specific earning categories, and you can earn more if you’re a Bank of America Preferred Rewards® member.

Read our Bank of America Travel Rewards card review .

Easy-to-Earn Unlimited Rewards

Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card

FinanceBuzz writers and editors score cards based on a number of objective features as well as our expert editorial assessment. Our partners do not influence how we rate products.

Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases

  • Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases
  • Longer intro APR on qualifying purchases and balance transfers
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Best for Bank of America customers
  • Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don't expire as long as your account remains open.
  • 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases.
  • Use your card to book your trip how and where you want - you're not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions.
  • Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for travel or dining purchases, such as flights, hotel stays, car and vacation rentals, baggage fees, and also at restaurants including takeout.
  • 0% Intro APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the Intro APR offer ends, a Variable APR that’s currently 19.24% - 29.24% will apply. A 3% Intro balance transfer fee will apply for the first 60 days your account is open. After the Intro balance transfer fee offer ends, the fee for future balance transfers is 4%.
  • If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards® member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. That means instead of earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1, you could earn 1.87-2.62 points for every $1 you spend on purchases.
  • Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap.
  • This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.

Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card

The Autograph Card has a generous welcome offer where you can earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months (that’s a $200 cash redemption value), which is especially impressive for a $0-annual-fee card.

It’s a great fit for frequent Amtrak travelers because you earn 3X on restaurants, travel, gas stations, transit, popular streaming services, and phone plans along with 1X on other purchases.

Read our Wells Fargo Autograph Card review .

Awesome Rewards Rates + Intro APR

Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card

Current Offer

Earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months - that's a $200 cash redemption value

Rewards Rate

Earn unlimited 3X points on restaurants, travel, gas stations, transit, popular streaming services, and phone plans; plus earn 1X points on other purchases

  • Excellent earning potential for a $0 annual fee
  • Offers a welcome bonus
  • No spending caps on rewards categories
  • Cell phone protection
  • Limited options to transfer points to airlines/hotels
  • Limited travel perks (secondary car rental insurance and travel and emergency assistance)
  • Fewer perks than some dedicated travel cards
  • Select “Apply Now” to take advantage of this specific offer and learn more about product features, terms and conditions.
  • Earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months - that's a $200 cash redemption value.
  • Earn unlimited 3X points on the things that really add up - like restaurants, travel, gas stations, transit, popular streaming services, and phone plans. Plus, earn 1X points on other purchases.
  • $0 annual fee.
  • 0% intro APR for 12 months from account opening on purchases. 20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% variable APR thereafter.
  • Up to $600 of cell phone protection against damage or theft. Subject to a $25 deductible.
  • Redeem your rewards points for travel, gift cards, or statement credits. Or shop at millions of online stores and redeem your rewards when you check out with PayPal.
  • Find tickets to top sports and entertainment events, book travel, make dinner reservations and more with your complimentary 24/7 Visa Signature® Concierge.

Chase Sapphire Preferred ® Card

The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is a great card if you travel on Amtrak but also want to earn rewards for other trips you take. In addition to offering 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Travel℠, it offers 2X points on other travel purchases, and also 3X points on dining, select streaming services, and online groceries. So you'll get bonus rewards both for buying your train tickets as well as for any food you purchase on the train.

New cardmembers can earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Each year on your card anniversary, you will also earn bonus points equal to 10% of the total purchases you made in the previous year.

Make sure to check out our Chase Sapphire Preferred Card Review .

Great for Flexible Travel Rewards

Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card

Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening

5X points on travel purchased through Chase Travel℠; 3X points on dining, select streaming services, and online groceries; 2X points on all other travel purchases, and 1X points on all other purchases

  • Generous welcome offer valued at $750 when redeemed via Chase Travel
  • High rewards on dining and bookings via Chase Travel
  • 25% more value when redeeming points for travel through Chase Travel
  • Up to $50 in annual statement credits for hotel stays booked through Chase Travel
  • Receive valuable travel protections like trip delay reimbursement and primary rental car insurance
  • Has a $95 annual fee
  • Doesn’t offer airport lounge access or premium travel perks like Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit
  • Doesn't offer bonus points on groceries or gas
  • Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Travel℠.
  • Enjoy benefits such as 5x on travel purchased through Chase Travel℠, 3x on dining, select streaming services and online groceries, 2x on all other travel purchases, 1x on all other purchases, $50 Annual Chase Travel Hotel Credit, plus more.
  • Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Travel℠. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
  • Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
  • Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
  • Member FDIC

Chase Sapphire Reserve ®

This Chase Sapphire Reserve Card comes with a $550 annual fee, so it’s best used by those who will fully take advantage of its benefits — including travel not only with Amtrak but also other travel purchases including plane tickets, hotels, cruises, rental cars, and more.

This premium travel card is ideal for Amtrak users because you get 5X points on flights and 10X points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Travel℠ immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually; 3X points on other travel and dining & 1X points per dollar on all other purchases.

The Chase Sapphire Reserve also opens up the door to airport lounges in more than 500 cities with complimentary lounge access. So if you fly as well as take the train, you can relax in style at the airport.

You'll also earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. This alone is worth up to $900 in free travel when booked through Chase Travel℠.

Get more details at our Chase Sapphire Reserve Card Review .

Premium Travel Benefits

Chase Sapphire Reserve®

5X points on flights and 10X points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Travel℠ immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually; 3X points on other travel and dining & 1X points per dollar on all other purchases

  • Up to $300 in annual travel credits
  • Great rewards on travel purchases and dining
  • Complimentary Priority Pass Select membership
  • Comprehensive travel protections, including trip delay and cancellation insurance
  • 50% point redemption bonus when booking through Chase Travel
  • $550 annual fee
  • High spending requirement for the welcome offer
  • $75 annual fee for each authorized user
  • Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Travel℠.
  • $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year.
  • Earn 5x total points on flights and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Travel℠ immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
  • Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Travel℠. For example, 60,000 points are worth $900 toward travel.
  • 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
  • Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit every four years for Global Entry, NEXUS, or TSA PreCheck®

Amtrak Guest Rewards ® Mastercard ®

The Amtrak Guest Rewards Mastercard is a co-branded card issued by First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO). It has a $0 annual fee and a welcome offer that allows you to earn 12,000 bonus points after making $1,000 in purchases within 3 billing cycles.

You also earn 2X Amtrak Guest Rewards points specifically on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases, and dining along with 1X everywhere else. You also get a 10% rebate on onboard food and beverage purchases in the form of a statement credit.

Get more details in our Amtrak Guest Rewards Mastercard review .

Earn Rewards Toward Train Travel

Amtrak Guest Rewards® Mastercard®

  • Earn 12,000 bonus points after making $1,000 in purchases within 3 billing cycles
  • 2X points per $1 spent on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases; 2X points on dining; and 1X points per $1 spent everywhere else
  • $0 annual fee
  • Earn a 10% rebate on onboard food and beverage purchases in the form of a statement credit
  • No intro APR offer

Amtrak Guest Rewards ® Preferred Mastercard ®

For a higher annual fee of $99 you can earn significantly more with the Preferred Amtrak credit card than the Guest Rewards Mastercard. You can earn 3X points per $1 spent on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases; 2X points per $1 spent on dining, travel, transit, and rideshare; and 1X points per $1 spent everywhere else.

There’s also a more generous welcome offer that allows you to earn 30,000 bonus points after making $2,000 in purchases within 3 billing cycles.

You also get a 20% rebate on onboard food and beverage purchases in the form of a statement credit, a round-trip companion coupon, a station lounge pass, and a one-class upgrade coupon on account opening and on your card anniversary.

And the Amtrak Guest Rewards Preferred Mastercard also allows you to earn 1,000 Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) each time you make $5,000 in qualifying purchases so you can get to the next tier status faster.

Find out more in our Amtrak Guest Rewards Preferred Mastercard review . 

Train Lovers Can Earn Rewards

Amtrak Guest Rewards® Preferred Mastercard®

  • Earn 30,000 bonus points after making $2,000 in purchases within 3 billing cycles
  • 3X points per $1 spent on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases; 2X points per $1 spent on dining, travel, transit, and rideshare; and 1X points per $1 spent everywhere else
  • 3X rebate in the form of statement credit on Amtrak travel, including onboard purchases and 2X points on dining, travel, transit, and rideshare
  • Earn a 20% rebate on onboard food and beverage purchases in the form of a statement credit
  • $99 annual fee

If you're an entrepreneur, using Amtrak can help keep commuting costs down for you and your employees — and a train trip is an excellent time to get work done. There are also plenty of great business cards that will help you score additional rewards for your Amtrak purchases.

Two of the best business credit cards to consider include the following.

  • Ink Business Preferred ® Credit Card : This card offers 100,000 points for new cardmembers who spend $8,000 in the first 3 months. You can also earn 3X points per dollar on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year — so you can earn ample bonus points for buying Amtrak tickets. Free employee cards also enable your staff to book their train travel with their cards and supersize your rewards. The $95 annual fee is well worth these perks, especially as you get a 25% bonus when redeeming points for travel-related purchases through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
  • Bank of America ® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard ® credit card : With this card, you earn 3 points per $1 on travel booked through the Bank of America® Travel Center and 1.5 points per $1 on all other purchases. You can also earn 30,000 online bonus points after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening. With a $0 annual fee and a 0% APR on purchases for the first 9 billing cycles (then 18.49% - 28.49% Variable), this Business Advantage Travel Rewards credit card is one of the most affordable business cards you can use to earn points on Amtrak purchases as well as trips you take via plane or rental car.

When choosing which credit card to use for an Amtrak purchase, you'll likely want to focus on a card that rewards you for transportation or travel spending. Train tickets are typically classified by credit card issuers as travel spending, and your ticket purchase will account for the bulk of your Amtrak-related expenditure.

That said, you can get even more bang for your buck if the card you choose provides bonus points for spending on dining, in addition to travel. This can help you maximize the points you earn if you eat on the train and your food purchase is categorized as restaurant spending.

But it's not just the chance to earn bonus credit card rewards that makes a particular card a good choice for Amtrak. You also want to look at the cardholder perks. These perks can include free companion tickets, travel rebates for Amtrak spending, and other Amtrak-specific benefits. Cards that offer special perks are more common for airline travel, but there are options for those who prefer to ride the rails.

If you're a regular commuter , you take the train every day, and you spend a fortune with Amtrak, then it might make sense to get an Amtrak-focused card for the rewards program. But if Amtrak is just one of many means of transportation you use, a broader general purpose travel card may be a better bet.

We looked for credit cards that offered special benefits for Amtrak riders, as well as cards that rewarded travel and dining purchases since your Amtrak train tickets and on-rail purchases would fit within these categories.

We also looked for cards that provided enough perks to justify their annual fees — if they charge for being a cardholder — and offer generous signup bonuses so you'll be rewarded for becoming a cardmember.

Picking the best travel credit cards for Amtrak isn't always easy with so many good options out there. You should consider your lifestyle and spending priorities when you pick which card is right for you.

If you only or primarily travel on Amtrak, one of the Amtrak-focused cards might be a better bet — but if you also fly or drive, then consider one of the broader travel credit cards that rewards you for every type of trip you take no matter how you get to your destination.

Card Details

Bank of <span class='whitespace-nowrap'>America<sup>®</sup></span> Travel Rewards credit card

on Bank of America’s secure website

Intro Offer

Why we like it

The Bank of America ® Travel Rewards credit card is great for individuals who enjoy earning rewards and traveling.

Cardholders will enjoy the flexibility to redeem points with no blackout dates and receive a statement credit to pay for travel and dining purchases.

Earn 1.5X points on all purchases everywhere, every time.

Author Details

Christy Rakoczy

Tech Digest

Scam Facebook ads promising free Network Rail travel cards

railroad travel card legit

Fraudsters are trying to lure victims on social media with the promise of free train travel for a year, writes Which? magazine.

These dodgy Facebook ads claim Network Rail is giving away 150 travel cards, and all you need to do to get one is complete a survey and pay a small delivery fee.

Scammers are creating ads for fake travel cards to steal your personal and financial information. If you see the below ad on Facebook, don’t click on the link, warns Which?.

A scam Facebook ad offering free travel cards

If you do click it, you’ll be taken to a dodgy website that asks you to provide your name and location and answer five questions. This site also contains fake reviews about the ‘amazing’ offer.

A phishing website claiming to offer free travel cards

Once you’ve completed the survey, you’ll be asked to play a game where you pick a box to ‘win’. Unsurprisingly, whichever box you click will be the winning one.

You’ll then be taken to a page which asks for your name, address and bank details to make a payment of £3 to cover postage. If you enter your details, you’ll be giving them to scammers. 

The information you provide can be used to scam you now or at a later date. For example, a scammer may call you some weeks or months down the line claiming to be from your bank. They’ll use the details you’ve previously handed over to convince you the call is genuine.

Says Lisa Webb, Which? Consumer Law Expert:  “Consumers should be on the lookout for scam ads on Facebook falsely claiming  that Network Rail is giving away 150 travel cards.

“If you click on these ads, you’ll be taken to a dodgy website which asks you to provide your name and location, complete a survey and then enter your bank details to make a payment of £3 to cover postage for the travel card. 

“You won’t receive the travel card and you’ll be out of pocket by £3, but more worryingly the information you parted with can then be used to scam you at a later date. The Online Safety Bill desperately needs to be passed into law to crack down on the problem of fraudulent ads on online platforms.”

To report Facebook ads, select the three dots on the ad and select ‘report’. If you give away bank details or lose money to a scam, call your bank immediately using the number on the back of your card and report the scam to  Action Fraud . If you’re in Scotland, inform Police Scotland by calling 101.

Share this:

Privacy overview.

False claims that Great Western Railway is giving away a year’s free travel for £1.69 spread online again

What was claimed.

Great Western Railway is offering a gift card with a year’s free travel for £1.69.

Our verdict

False. The company has confirmed this is not a genuine offer.

A post on Facebook falsely claims Great Western Railway (GWR) is offering all UK residents a year’s free travel for less than £2. 

The post, which has more than 150 shares, says: “Great Western Railway is running a promotion offering aII UK residents e gift card for a year's free travel for just £1.69 [sic].” It then recommends users “click on the button below and answer a few questions” to claim the “limited” deal, but this link does not appear to work. 

GWR confirmed to Full Fact that the offer in the post is not genuine. 

The company recently warned users on Facebook and X (formerly Twitter) about another post promoting an almost identical fake offer that Full Fact has written about before .

One way to be sure an offer is genuine is by looking to see whether it has been shared by the company’s official page—this will often have more followers, a verified blue tick on Facebook and a longer post history.

In this case, the Facebook page that shared the post has just 92 followers, was set up on 30 August, and has only one post publicly available. 

Posts promoting fake offers are common on Facebook and we’ve previously written about examples supposedly offering free tickets to Alton Towers , £2 PlayStations at Argos and Amazon giveaways . 

Image courtesy of Superalbs

This article is part of our work fact checking potentially false pictures, videos and stories on Facebook. You can read more about this—and find out how to report Facebook content— here . For the purposes of that scheme, we’ve rated this claim as false because Great Western Railway has confirmed that this offer is not genuine.

  • By Evie Townend
  • Share this:

Was this helpful?

Full Fact fights for good, reliable information in the media, online, and in politics.

Related fac t checks

  • Image of Sir Keir Starmer in pink hijab is not genuine
  • Reform UK candidate who stood in London was not ‘AI-generated’
  • Posts incorrectly claim ULEZ exemption for electric cars ending next year
  • No evidence Rachel Reeves said pensions ‘can no longer be an entitlement for all’
  • Image of Donald Trump with Jeffrey Epstein and young girl is fake
  • Did you find this fact check useful?

Full Fact fights bad information

Bad information ruins lives. It promotes hate, damages people’s health, and hurts democracy. You deserve better.

MORE SECTIONS

  • Dear Deidre

MORE FROM THE SUN

  • Newsletters
  • Deliver my newspaper
  • Sun Vouchers
  • The Sun Digital Newspaper
  • Racing Members Enclosure
  • Fabulous Clothing

railroad travel card legit

Warning for Facebook users over ‘dodgy’ ads offering BIG freebie that’ll leave you out of pocket

  • Millie Turner
  • Published : 15:52, 27 Jul 2023
  • Updated : 15:52, 27 Jul 2023

FACEBOOK users have been warned over a tempting ad which offers a free Network Rail travel card - but it could cost your dearly.

Consumer organisation Which? has rung the alarm on the scam which fraudsters have created to steal personal and financial information from victims.

It appears like a bargain offer - but you'll be left out of pocket

Clicking the ad will take you to a website to play a quiz to 'win' the rail card.

This site contains fake reviews about the so-called ‘amazing’ offer.

Unsurprisingly, whichever box you pick will be a winner.

Then, you'll be directed to pay £3 for the rail card.

READ MORE ON FACEBOOK

railroad travel card legit

Facebook rolls out free upgrade to avoid embarrassing Messenger calls for good

railroad travel card legit

Facebook unveils new free app to rival ChatGPT – here’s how to get it

It appears like a bargain offer.

But not only will you lose the £3, your banking details too will also be jeopardised.

"Consumers should be on the lookout for scam ads in Facebook falsely claiming that Network Rail is giving away 150 travel cards," Lisa Webb, Which? Consumer Law Expert, explained.

"If you click on these ads, you'll be taken to a dodgy website which asks you to provide your name and location, complete a survey and then enter your bank details to make a payment of £3 to cover postage for the travel card. 

Most read in Tech

Billions hit by largest worldwide password leak - check yours now or risk theft

Billions hit by largest worldwide password leak - check yours now or risk theft

I've been wearing hi-tech Apple headset – three places I'm obsessed with using it

I've been wearing hi-tech Apple headset – three places I'm obsessed with using it

World's first AI beauty queen wins pageant and claims £10k prize

World's first AI beauty queen wins pageant and claims £10k prize

Easy-to-miss Google trick on Android phones takes temperature of any object

Easy-to-miss Google trick on Android phones takes temperature of any object

"You won't receive the travel card and you'll be out of pocket by £3, but more worryingly the information you parted with can then be used to scam you at a later date."

Which? has encouraged those who come into contact with the scam - or worse, have fallen for it, to report it to Facebook , Action Fraud or the police.

The consumer organisation has reported the fake ads to Facebook.

To report to Facebook yourself, click the three dots on the ad and select ‘report’.

Clicking the ad will take you to a website to play a quiz to 'win' the rail card

Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks

railroad travel card legit

Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered...

  • How to delete your Instagram account
  • What does pending mean on Snapchat ?
  • How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
  • How to drop a pin on Google Maps
  • How can I change my Facebook password ?
  • How to go live on TikTok
  • How to clear the cache on an iPhone
  • What is NFT art ?
  • What is OnlyFans ?
  • What does Meta mean ?

Get all the latest WhatsApp , Instagram , Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]

  • Cyber crime and hacking
  • Scams and fraud

What is Project 2025? The Presidential Transition Project explained.

The detailed plan to dismantle and reconstruct the government laid out by  conservative groups  known as the 2025 Presidential Transition Project has critics up in arms over its " apocalyptic " and " authoritarian " nature.

The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank in Washington, D.C., led an effort to create the more than 900-page  "Mandate for Leadership,"  published in April 2023, reimagining the executive branch and presented a plan to overhaul several federal government agencies, including the FBI, for the country's next conservative president to follow.

More: Project 2025 head says 'second American Revolution' will be 'bloodless if the left allows'

According to the Project's website, the playbook provides a governing agenda and a lineup of people ready to implement it to "rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left." It includes a domestic and  foreign policy  agenda, a list of personnel, training, and a 180-day playbook.

"It is not enough for conservatives to win elections," Project 2025  said on its website . "With the right conservative policy recommendations and properly vetted and trained personnel to implement them, we will take back our government."

Project 2025's Director is  Paul Dans , who served as the U.S. Office of Personnel Management chief of staff in former President Donald Trump's administration. Although it mentions Trump by name, the handbook does not directly assume the Republican party's presumptive nominee will be the one to carry out its agenda.

What is in Project 2025?

The mandate attacks several policies that former President Barack Obama and President Joe Biden instituted, including  student loan forgiveness  and  Obamacare . It simultaneously calls for expanded executive power for the commander-in-chief while criticizing what Project 2025 members perceive as overreaches by the Biden administration.

"Presidents should not issue mask or vaccine mandates, arbitrarily transfer student loan debt, or issue monarchical mandates of any sort," the plan reads. "Legislatures make the laws in a republic, not executives."

The playbook calls for the reinstatement of a  Trump executive order  augmenting a president's power to hire and fire federal officials by replacing civil servants with political appointees throughout government.

It also seeks to repeal aspects of the  Affordable Care Act , urge the Food and Drug Administration to reverse the  approval of abortion pills , and further empower Immigration and Customs Enforcement to  deport undocumented immigrants .

The plan also specifically addresses LGBTQ+ issues and attacks "radical gender ideology." In addition to calling for an end to the Department of Education, it suggests legislation that would forbid educators from using transgender students' names or pronouns without written permission from their guardians. It also appears to oppose same-sex marriage and gay couples adopting children by seeking to "maintain a biblically based, social science-reinforced definition of marriage and family."

Project 2025 generates concern

Project 2025 has received substantial criticism from Democrats, including  Representative Jasmine Crockett , D-Texas, who called out the controversial plan during a congressional hearing last month.

"I don't know why or how anybody can support Project 2025," Crockett said. "In the United States of America, dictatorships are never funny, and Project 2025 is giving the playbook for authoritarianism as well as the next dictator to come in."

Progressive Democrat U.S. Representative Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts called it a "far-right manifesto" in a  post on TikTok . The Biden campaign captioned a video detailing Project 2025, stating it "needs more attention."

Rachel Barber is a 2024 election fellow at USA TODAY, focusing on politics and education. Follow her on X, formerly Twitter, as @rachelbarber_

IMAGES

  1. ptj-rail-travel-card

    railroad travel card legit

  2. How to Save Money on Trains with a UK Railcard

    railroad travel card legit

  3. Transportation

    railroad travel card legit

  4. How to Save Money on Trains with a UK Railcard

    railroad travel card legit

  5. Rail Cards For Over 60s

    railroad travel card legit

  6. Gates Travel: Independent Travel Agent

    railroad travel card legit

VIDEO

  1. card rail crossing 🤯😵||#railroadcrossing #railroad #踏切アニメ #踏切 #railcrossing #sirenhead

  2. 8️⃣ INDIAN EXPRESS CROSSING AT RISKY RAILROAD TRICKS DAIMOND RISKY RAILROAD TRICKS//train sim world4

  3. how to get a free credit card (legit)

  4. Which one is the BEST Travel Card? The one that requires credit or the one that doesn’t?

  5. 34% off a railcard? That’s a crazy good deal!

  6. Aven HELOC Card A Credit Card backed by Home Equity Aven Card 30 May 2024

COMMENTS

  1. Fact check: Claim of free Amtrak passes for women over 40 is a scam

    The claim: Amtrak is giving free one-year passes to women 40 and older. An April 11 Facebook post ( direct link, archive link) claims a transportation giant is offering a promotion that would mean ...

  2. VIA Rail Canada

    Fraud/Scam warning: There are currently some active social media scams offering gift cards or free travel with VIA Rail in exchange for answering a survey and/or paying a small fee. Legitimate VIA...

  3. Fact Check: Amtrak Does NOT Offer $1 Card For All US ...

    There is no such Amtrak card. Lead Stories searched for information on a $1 card sponsored by Amtrak that allows all U.S. residents to take trips for a year without any extra charge. Amtrak's website did not show such a card on its deals, multi-ride and rail passes nor credit cards pages.

  4. This is a scam, right?

    Hundreds of people have shared a fake offer on Facebook, claiming that UK residents can get a year's free travel through Great Western Railway (GWR) for just £1.69. The post says: "Great Western Railway is running a promotion offering all UK residents a gift card for a year's free travel for just £1.69.

  5. Great Western Railway is not giving away a free year of travel fo

    Great Western Railway is running a promotion offering all UK residents a gift card for a year's free travel for £1.69. The rail company has confirmed publicly that this is not true, and has warned people to take care when interacting with Facebook pages offering such deals. Hundreds of people have shared a fake offer on Facebook, claiming ...

  6. Watch out for dodgy Facebook ads offering free train travel ...

    Tali Ramsey. Fraudsters are trying to lure victims with the promise of free train travel for a year. These dodgy Facebook ads claim Network Rail is giving away 150 travel cards, and all you need to do to get one is complete a survey and pay a small delivery fee. Read on to learn about how to spot and report scam ads on social media.

  7. VIA Rail pass offer is a scam

    This is not a genuine offer; VIA Rail confirmed it had no such promotion and has alerted customers about scams that collect fees for fake fare deals. "Via Rail is offering a promotion where all Canadian residents can get a card for $1, which can be used to ride trains for free for a year." says the text of a June 14 Facebook post that received ...

  8. The Best Credit Card for Amtrak: Ride the Rails to Rewards in 2024

    Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card. Earn 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening - that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases. Earn 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases. $0.

  9. Scam Facebook ads promising free Network Rail travel cards

    Consumer Law Expert: "Consumers should be on the lookout for scam ads on Facebook falsely claiming that Network Rail is giving away 150 travel cards. "If you click on these ads, you'll be taken to a dodgy website which asks you to provide your name and location, complete a survey and then enter your bank details to make a payment of £3 ...

  10. False claims that Great Western Railway is giving away a year's free

    A post on Facebook falsely claims Great Western Railway (GWR) is offering all UK residents a year's free travel for less than £2.. The post, which has more than 150 shares, says: "Great Western Railway is running a promotion offering aII UK residents e gift card for a year's free travel for just £1.69 [sic]."

  11. Amtrak $1 Gift Card Giveaway Scam: What You Need To Know!

    The Amtrak $1 Gift Card Giveaway Scam works by exploiting the trust and curiosity of social media users who are looking for travel deals. The scam uses various techniques to make the posts or ads look legitimate, such as using the Amtrak logo, fake testimonials, and countdown timers. The scam also uses social engineering tactics to persuade ...

  12. Best Credit Cards for Amtrak and International Train Travel 2024

    Best for international train travel: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. Best for earning cash-back rewards on travel: Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express. Best for earning flexible ...

  13. Don't use trainline app *scam alert*

    1 review. 9. Re: Don't use trainline app *scam alert*. Aug 17, 2023, 9:51 PM. Trainline itself is not a scam, but it hosts ads that are. I tried to book a train return ticket via them in August 2023, and after entering the outbound journey, 'Continue' was there and I clicked on it.

  14. Is this a scam?

    Aug 5, 2019. #2. It's probably some kind of scam. The two biggest giveaways is it has a bogus MAY date rather than August (month & day switched), and the failure to NOT use your proper name like 'Mr Bill Smith' or whatever. I'm guessing that the 'PnrNumber' is a screen name you use at a different site.

  15. Warning for Facebook users over 'dodgy' ads offering BIG freebie that

    "Consumers should be on the lookout for scam ads in Facebook falsely claiming that Network Rail is giving away 150 travel cards," Lisa Webb, Which? Consumer Law Expert, explained.

  16. Promotion or Scam

    The use of "Railways" seems to suggest that the scam was initiated outside the U.S. Victor Baird Peak45068 Wrote: ----- > I never knew that Amtrak operates Class 43's. > > Hopefully when I go back to England in May, I'll > get one of my final three P42's for haulage, on

  17. is the network railcard scam

    1. Re: is the network railcard scam. 6 years ago. It's not a scam. The railcard has been available for years and a lot of people have bought them and used them in that time. It's up to you to check what you can use it for before you buy it. If you only did that afterwards, it's your fault not the railcard's.

  18. Is trip.com 16-25 Railcard legit? : r/AskUK

    Don't buy a Network Railcard from them, you may save £4.50 off the Railcard itself... but the travel ticket prices are hiked up much, much higher than Southeastern Trains app! The site is hideously complicated....I couldn't see a ticket option to buy my travel card in the price.....big SCAM in my opinion!

  19. Amtrak One Year Unlimited Pass on Facebook

    Date: 02/14/23 18:43. Amtrak One Year Unlimited Pass on Facebook. Author: tq-07fan. Tonight is the second time this stupid add has come up on Facebook claiming that by answering three questions you will receive a One Year Unlimited Rail Pass from Amtrak. Obviously to me it sounds like a load of crap.

  20. Trip.com railcard offer

    brookhouse said: The trip.com railcard offer seems good - happy to buy the first ticket through them to get the railcard activated, and subsequent tickets if the app is OK. However, does the railcard stay in their app or is it possible to get it into the standard Railcard app? No, it's not compatible with the standard Railcard app. You have to ...

  21. Rail Europe scam- please be aware when planning!!

    The train staff themselves shared that this is a scam. There is not a phone number for this site.. a travel site that doesn't have a phone number 🫠 There is no Google page for this site, they wouldn't want reviews to be accessible. Most comments from their social media accounts have been deleted.

  22. What is Project 2025? The Presidential Transition Project explained

    The detailed plan to dismantle and reconstruct the government laid out by conservative groups known as the 2025 Presidential Transition Project has critics up in arms over its "apocalyptic" and ...